My Truths #171 (the bright side)
I always try to look on the bright side. Severe rain warnings for my area this weekend and its been raining for days. May 1st is the official start of cycling season but mother nature has played a cruel trick on us. She’s been serving up a load of crappy weather. I cancelled my Crossfit membership at the start of the month and it feels like I’ve been mostly sitting on my butt looking outside at the rain falling for the last 3 weeks.
I always look at the bright side of everything. Here’s what I came up with:
- I got a well deserved rest from my fairly rigurous training schedule
- The grass, trees and flowers need the rain
- This will help keep the forest fire index down
- When things do finally warm up my morel mushrooms might grow
- Finally, and I hope I don’t jinx things… if we get all of the rain out of the way now, the rest of the summer will be beautiful!
The Primal Blueprint encourages you to avoid stress and adopt coping mechanisms to manage stress in your life. Looking on the bright side is a great way to cope with a stressful situation especially if that situation (like bad weather) is out of your control.