My Truths #163 (recognition is nice!)
I was nominated for a Liebster Award by http://urbanpaleochef.com/
Breaking Bread started out on a whim with MY TRUTH #1 in November 2012. I just recently reached 100 followers …oh happy day!
Thanks to Urban Paleo Chef (“UPC”) for nominating me! I’m flattered and happy to “pay it forward” for other lesser known bloggers out there to help them get discovered.
The “rules” of the award are as follows:
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I’m 45 years old
- I’m on my second marriage and this time I got it right!
- I have a daughter, a son and a step-son. All teenagers
- I sell commercial real estate in Atlantic Canada
- My parents have always been great role models when it comes to healthy eating and fitness…even now and they’re in their late 70’s.
- I try hard to be a good role model for my children
- My goal is to cycle 2,000 km every summer…you can follow my progress at www.giveherthegears.wordpress.com
- I love gardening & nature.
- I love New York City.
- I have a mild addiction to my phone and my computer.
- I rarely watch television.
11 QUESTIONS THAT UPC ASKED ME AND MY ANSWERS
- Why do you blog? It keeps me motivated to follow the Primal Lifestyle. It inspires me to do research and ask questions.
- What is your “Death Row Final Meal”? And why? Duck confit salad with sour bing cherries (from urban Grill in Halifax), flame broiled T-bone steak (medium rare), peppercorn gravy, mushrooms sautéed in butter, a glass a shiraz, plain cheesecake with salted caramel sauce, coffee with Baileys. Because I love these foods!
- In what ways do you consciously contribute to a green planet? I must admit that I’m not a huge environmentalist. I do compost and buy almost exclusively second hand clothing.
- If money was no object, where would you travel first? Either Norway or Argentina
- If money was no object, who would you bring with you on that first trip? My husband… he’s been to Norway for work and always talks about how much he loved it and how he wants to take me there. Cycling in Argentina is also on our bucket list.
- What do you collect? And why? I collect original paintings by lesser known artists that I purchase on ebay. www.artiboughtonebay.wordpress.com
- If you could have three wishes, what would they be? And why? 1) My husband is a cancer survivor and he worries about it coming back. I wish for him that it never comes back and that he knows it will never come back so he can be free from the worrying. 2) I have wonderful, beautiful, smart children but I worry about their future. I wish that my children will grow up to lead happy lives. 3) I am not afraid of death or dying but I’m afraid of suffering. I wish that the people that I love do not suffer at the end of their lives.
- Where do you get your blogging inspiration from? My life and my experiences. I often browse images on the internet to get ideas for new posts.
- How did you decide what you wanted to be when you grew up? And have you grown up yet? I had a boyfriend in high school that came from a very entrepreneurial family. They encouraged me to take business in university. I’ve always been good at selling and yes… sadly I am all grown up!
- What is your favorite pass-time? I have many pass-times; cycling, hiking, entertaining friends, blogging… my least favourite pastime is television. I have a very short attention span for TV!
- What is something that you have never done that you would like to try? I would like to hike the Appalachian Trail someday.
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR OTHER BLOGGERS (all could have simple 1 word answers but I encourage you to elaborate)
- On a scale of 1-10 how important is eating in your life? (1: a nuisance – 10: makes life worth living).
- Do you like to cook or bake?
- Do you have a signature recipe to share?
- On a scale of 1-10 how important is music in your life? (1: noise – 10: makes life worth living)
- As a parent would you rather have a child that is book smart or street smart?
- If you could change one part of your body, what would it be?
- What is your dream job?
- Does getting older both you?
- Would you like to live to be 100 years old?
- What topic to you read about most on-line?
- Are you happy?
11 BLOGS THAT I FOLLOW (with fewer than 200 followers)